Is it to write away sorrow and share joys?
Is it a living memoir?
Is it only for yourself? And maybe a few friends?
Is it to encourage people to continue their own writing or start writing?
Is it to exchange ideas and encourage other writers?
Is it to encourage people to buy and read my book, Tracking the Human: nobody’s a long time when it’s published.
All of the above
Here are some of the people I hope will read my blog and share their comments with me.
- People who like to read, who learn through reading,
- People who use the public library regularly.
- People who are curious about other peoples’ lives and families.
- People interested in the early to mid twentieth century in the mid West of the United States.
- People interested in riding the rails, hobo culture, mental hospitals, and Christian Science.
- People who are writers and write in order to know the world and themselves.
Here are some interesting people that might read my blog:
All of the above people were found on a shelf in our front bedroom. All are from an extensive collection of dolls that I inherited from my mother. Everywhere she went, my mother bought a handmade doll.
This person is particularly special:
Can you read what it says at the bottom of her apron?
Rebecca, who longs to travel.
Rebecca would be my ideal reader… a person who longs to travel, who is curious, who wants to meet new people and exchange ideas.
Welcome to all those Rebeccas (and Robertos) out there.
Enjoy reading family and fiction.
Why do you blog?
Send in your comments.